Thursday, February 19, 2015

"Two-torial #2" --Using a capo on your guitar



In this second installment of my "two-torial" video series, I explain a bit about the reasons to consider using a capo on your guitar.  Many songs have been written and performed on capoed guitars--especially by such notable artists as James Taylor, George Harrison, and the Everly brothers, to name a few.

As I mention in the video, a capo is a great tool to use when:

1) the song you are playing is in a "guitar-unfriendly" key

2) you need to change the key of a song to better suit your vocal range

3) you want to utilize and explore the unique tonal changes that come with raising the overall pitch of your guitar.

Happy pickin'--practice hard, and I'll see you in a week.

Here's the link to the video     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7m_r5XDAS8

P.S.  I want to quote a 10-year old student of mine who informed me that "practice makes perfect, and practice makes permanent."  Smart kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment